I talk often about prioritizing (here, for instance), but haven’t provided practical advice in a while. Now’s the time!
You are frustrated by a lack of progress at the end of the day. What you need is to be able to control your to-do list so you can feel a sense of accomplishment each day. So, here’s the question of the day …
How do you decide which goal to work towards when your to-do list is full?
Maybe you want to pick the “toughest” idea to focus on.
Or, maybe you realize that the next month is super hectic and busy, so you want to focus on the most fun goal.
Or, maybe you have a project that has been “bouncing around in your head” for weeks/months/years and now’s the time to take action.
Try any of the following prioritizing strategies to help you narrow down your list!
- Intuitive – Close your eyes, put your hand over your heart, and ask, “Where do I want to focus today?”
- Momentum – Which item on your list fills you with the most excitement?
- Eat That Frog – Which item on your list fills you with the most dread?
- Eat the Elephant One Bite at a Time – What is the biggest, toughest project on the list?
- Support – Which idea do you think would most benefit by seeking out support?
- Elimination – Look at your list, and ask . . . “If I couldn’t do ONE item, which would it be?” Then cross that item off. Continue to do this until only one item remains.
- Coin Toss – Look at two items, assign one heads, the other tails. Toss the coin. Once the coin is in the air, you’ll have an opinion on how you want it to land. Choose that option.
Which strategy will you choose?
These tips and much more are all contained in the 30 Days to Success: An AWE Inspired Journal, a tool for change using a concrete strategy. And there’s more: when you invest in this journal, you also receive a complimentary membership into the AWE Inspired 30 Day Challenge and a 30 minute Strategy Session with Lisa!