In previous posts I’ve talked about creating a time management system that works for you. (Read Mary’s story here, for example.) You must have a plan that is simple and easy to follow – “trying harder” and “more discipline” are not the answers. When you develop strong, easy-to-implement programs and systems, you become more efficient, productive and effective.
Though I’ve written about this concept often, I’ve never broken down the parts for you.
What really makes up a good time management system?
- Tracking Tasks – easily keep track of short and long term tasks.
- Prioritizing – identify which tasks to do first while staying true to your short and long term goals.
- Project Planning – easily complete multiple step projects
- Delegating – do only the tasks that only you can do – and effectively delegate the rest.
- Scheduling – create a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly schedule that honors your priorities, that allows you to arrive on-time, and that you can follow.
- Energy Management – live a life where you feel you always have enough time, energy, and mental brainpower to be effective.
On a scale of 1 – 5, where would you rank yourself in each of these areas?
If you aren’t happy with your results, what is your plan to improve? What questions can I answer? Leave a response below!
I, your time strategy visionary, have a new tool I’ve created just for you that helps you create your own 6-step system!
My A.W.E. Inspired Time Management Plan is the blueprint for you to create your very own, unique time management plan! Click the button to download your complimentary copy.
(Image credit David Castillo Dominici)