If you could focus for the next 30 days on ONE goal, what would it be? What do you want to work on over the next 30 days?
It’s AWARENESS building time!
Allow yourself to think big during this exercise. No judgment. No censoring. No decisions. Just brainstorming.
Create a list by answering some of these questions . . .
- If I could do anything I would . . .
- The project I’ve been putting off the longest is . . .
- The most important thing I can focus on for my business is . . .
- The most important thing I can focus on for my personal life is . . .
- The most important thing I can focus on for my health is . . .
- The project that is ½ finished is . . .
- I’d be thrilled if I could do __________ in the next 30 days.
Now – pick one! (Doing ONE thing is better than thinking about TEN things, so pick one to commit to!)
Use any of the following prioritizing strategies to help you narrow down your list.
- Intuitive – Close your eyes, put your hand over your heart, and ask, “What do I want to focus on for the next 30 days?”
- Momentum – Which item on your list fills you with the most excitement?
- Eat That Frog – Which item on your list fills you with the most dread?
- Eat the Elephant One Bite at a Time – What is the biggest, toughest project on the list?
- Support – What kind of support do you need, and where can you get it?
- Elimination – Look at your list, and ask . . . “If I couldn’t do ONE item, which would it be?” Then cross that item off. Continue to do this until only one item remains.
- Coin Toss – Look at two items, assign one heads, the other tails. Toss the coin. Once the coin is in the air, you’ll have an opinion on how you want it to land. Choose that option.
Once you choose a goal, write it out clearly, using the most specific language you can. (“I will plan my dream vacation” vs. “I will complete my plan for a 2 week dream vacation to Hawaii by August 25.”)
Remember, a goal means nothing unless you take action and do the work to attain it. When you do attain your chosen goal, first pat yourself on the back, and then go through this process again to choose the next. As your goals evolve, these steps will help you stay on track!
Successful as you are, you can achieve more when you follow this process to set goals. You can reach even higher when you ask for help! What you need is to upgrade your capacity building strategies so you can feel a sense of accomplishment each day.
Take advantage of my complimentary Discovery Conversation.
Important!! These appointments are complimentary, but to be really clear, they are limited in number and reserved for people who meet these criteria:
- You are willing and ready to improve your current situation
- You are ready to invest money in your potential so you can experience different results
- You are willing to push your comfort zone (just a little to start!)
If this is you, click below to find your next steps.