“As soon as my income increases I’ll delegate!”
One of the most common challenges independent entrepreneurs face is budgeting the money to delegate. Let’s be honest – when you are in the beginning stages of your business money can be tight. You are working so diligently on ALL phases of your business. You know that if you could delegate some of the “stuff” you could spend more time on the important objectives, which ultimately would of course lead to an increase in income.
SO – where does the money come from NOW to delegate?
Do you have $5? Really! Think small and delegate $5 tasks.
One of my “go-to” sources for delegation is Fiverr. Here, you can find qualified independent contractors to complete small jobs for $5. (AND if your job is a little bigger than “small” – they also offer jobs for $10, $15, up to $500.)
I’ve delegated the following to Fiverr…
- Create a new Facebook header
- Transcribe a radio interview so I can use it in a blog post. (I can only start and stop and start and stop and start and stop the audio so many times before I remember transcribing is NOT one of my skills!)
- Convert a pdf to a word document. (Saved me soooooooooo much typing!)
- Convert a jot form to a word document. (The spacing and graphics are now PERFECT!)
- Resize a graphic for my LinkedIn profile.
- Reduce the background noise on a video I created for YouTube. (Yes – the dog barked AGAIN in the middle of my video!!!!)
- Fix one of my plugins on WordPress. (You know when you update your theme, something always goes wrong!)
I estimate these 7 tasks could have easily taken me 9 hours to complete. Instead, I paid brilliant professionals a total of $35 (plus tax) to complete these tasks for me.
What tasks could you delegate for $5?
Fiverr lists more than three million services – there must be something you could delegate! From designing an ebook cover to getting a comprehensive SEO report of your website to writing a press release to creating an animated video to creating a voicemail greeting to analyzing your website for threats to posting flyers to updating a resume to . . .
And . . . after you delegate those tasks . . . what high value activity can you complete to move you closer to accomplishing your goals?
Please post below!
Would you like some support accomplishing your goals?
With a little coaching, you can easily achieve the perfect balance between your business and personal lives. You can develop a framework and a system that allows you to put first things first -and live a life of purpose, accomplishment, and fun. You can turn ideas into action!