I was shocked when I read the stats from a recent Gallup/Wells Fargo poll that more than half of business owners work at least 6 days a week. (And, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 25% of hourly and salaried workers take work home regularly.)
Put plainly, if you think you are only working 40 hours per week, you are kidding yourself.
Now, don’t get me wrong, if your goal is to work as much as humanly possible, I’m not judging.
AND – you can stop reading this post!
But, if your goal is to diligently decrease your work hours, while still increasing your income . . . keep reading!
Here are my top 3 tips on how to work more effectively and efficiently.
- Let it go! Stop thinking you are the only one who can do all the work. Use your resources. Delegate. Sure, no one will do it “exactly” the way you will, but who cares as long as they do it well!
- Think! Set aside time each day to actually think instead of jumping from task to task to task. When you are able to think big-picture you are able to find lots of areas to maximize your income while minimizing your time.
- Rule of 3! Pick a maximum of 3 high-impact activities to focus on each day. (And one of those activities should regularly be thinking about what you can delegate – and then delegating it!) More than 3 activities and you run the risk of frustration and a lack of focus.
Easier said than done. I get it. That’s why the Impact Time Collective program was developed. In this program, we purposely focus on how you can reduce your time working while still increasing your income.
This 6-month program could be for you if:
- You have (or are willing to find) at least one person to delegate to.
- You are ready to reduce the hours you spend working.
- You are able (and willing) to laugh at my jokes.
Want more information? The next cohort starts soon. Contact me and let’s talk!